The Resolved Instruments DPD80 USB Photodetector is a high-speed and low-noise photodetector optimized for measurements from 1 – 100 MHz.
The full power of the DPD80 USB Photodetector comes from it’s built-in digitization circuitry. The DPD80 features low-noise amplifiers and an anti-aliasing filter carefully matched to it’s on-board 80 MSPS, 14 bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The DPD80 is capable of streaming these samples in real-time to the host PC over USB 3.1 where today’s fast processors are able to analyze the data stream in a completely configurable way.
● Ultra-low minimum noise floor of 1.5 pW / √Hz (1550 nm version)
● Integrated 14-bit 80 MS/s digitizer with USB 3 data streaming
● No additional power supply needed. Powered with a PC or USB wall adapter.
● Uses high-speed and highly responsive photodiodes from Hamamatsu
● Fiber-coupled and free-space versions available
● Two gain modes,: “High” (default) and “Low” (to enable larger dynamic range at the
expense of noise floor)
● Python, MATLAB, and C libraries included for control from a PC